Saturday, July 31, 2010

Love

I absolutely love being here at Silver Bay! (Other than spiders...see previous post.) The weather for the past few days has been gorgeous! It was only 65 degrees today - perfect for rocking on the front porch of the Inn with a book and the daily crossword puzzle.

Our quartet has been working very hard this week, and we have our first concert tomorrow night! I'm looking forward to having Monday off!

Yesterday the violist in our quartet took us sailing on the lake in his sailboat. I didn't realize that sailing was such an intricate process. We sailed for two hours up and down Lake George. Here are a few photos:





So pretty!

This is the big Adirondack Inn where the guests stay...



...and this is the house I'm living in, Sunnyside.


And no, your eyes aren't fooling you. It's not level. In fact, the floor in my room slants very noticeably to the back of the house. I'm not sure whether to be concerned or to find it amusing and charming.

Here's the view from the front porch of Sunnyside:


More pictures to come!


6 comments:

hiyaluv said...

wowza! gorgeous photos! enjoy every minute of your time there even if there are spiders:)
smiles,
gina

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

Looks gorgeous there, spiders and all!

Wendy said...

I'm loving your blog already!! Thanks for stopping by mine!! :) I vote you say the unlevel house is charming!

TLC said...

This is so beautiful! I love sailing! Sorry about the bugs... I feel bummed in New Hampshire when there are so many critters, but can you blame them for wanting to live in an awesome place? :)

Mandy England said...

Oh man. . . what a gorgeous place! Wish I were in your shoes right now :] Hehe, and I love that the house slants! Too funny :]

katie walker said...

wow what a beautiful place!!