Saturday, August 7, 2010

Peace

Silver Bay has such a rich and beautiful history. There are families here that come every summer. Church conferences and family reunions happen here. One of the ladies living with me in Sunnyside has been coming since 1944 and met her husband here! So sweet!

I'm on the verge of getting sappy, but I may as well continue. I went to the EMPS musical last night - Nunsense. On the back of the program, the director, Mike, wrote, among other things, "This is a place of healing and peace, of love and compassion, of friendship and family....This is truly a home and ours is a loving one." I can't think of a better way to describe Silver Bay. Besides my own home, I've never been in a place where I've felt more welcomed and loved. Although I am looking forward to going home, I am reluctant to leave such a gorgeous place and wonderful friends, both old and new, that have been so restorative for my soul.

This evening's Vespers was at Slim Point where we could see the sunset and hear the water lapping up on the beach. We took several minutes to just be quiet and still and feel God's presence. It was an inspiring moment, and I am so grateful to have been invited to play in the quartet here. Little did I know that it would be such an amazing experience.

The end. Sappiness over. Probably until tomorrow.

I'll have more pictures soon!

Em

3 comments:

hiyaluv said...

bring on the pics of gorgeousness!
smiles,
gina

Clare B said...

Sounds like you've had a lovely 'break' even if it was unintentional. Looking forward to also seeing some pictures.

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Cannot wait to see pics!