Friday, August 6, 2010

Sunshine Award and 8 Questions

A few weeks ago my friend Mandy at Mandy's Yellow Corner gave me the Sunshine Award, and few days ago she tagged me with 8 Questions. For the Sunshine Award I have to tell 7 things about myself. For the other, I have to answer the 8 questions from Mandy then ask 8 bloggers 8 new questions of my choice.

The Sunshine Award:


1. I love chocolate. If I had to eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be chocolate. Please, twist my arm.

2. I love Tudor and WWII history. I read a lot of historical fiction, especially about English history.

3. Brahms is my favorite composer. I don't think I could ever get tired of playing Brahms. Sigh...

4. I am a published author.

5. If I were not pursuing a career in music, I would love to be a pastry chef or an architect. Random, I know.

6. My favorite stuffed animal and one of my oldest friends is Disaur. He's an orange brontosaurus. His name comes from my inability to say dinosaur when I was little.

7. My last name, Blankenship, is derived from the English Blenkinsopp, a locational name in Northumberland, England. There is a medieval Blenkinsopp Castle, which is now unfortunately in ruins. But I still kind of want to go claim my turf.

Since I'm doing these together, I am only going to tag a few people...

2. Wendy @ a & w
3. Tammy @ StitchnStudio


8 Questions:

Here are Mandy's questions...

1. Your house is burning down and you and your family are all safe. You can only grab one thing. What do you take?
I would definitely take my Bible. I've been using the same one for many years - the one that I received when I officially joined our church. Although I was baptized as an infant, I made a conscious decision to accept Jesus as my Savior and join the church at age 11.

2. What is your favorite color and why?
Purple. That was easy. The why is a little harder. I love deep purple tulips, the way the sky looks almost purple at dusk, violets, lavender, victorian lavender silk...

3. What is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
Sweet bread. Look it up.

4. Is your hair its natural color right now?
I've never dyed my hair.

5. Are you most comfortable in a dress and heels or jeans and flip flops?
I'm most comfortable in jeans and flip flops, but I LOVE getting dressed up and putting on an adorable dress and heels.

6. Where would I find you at 10:00 AM on a Saturday?
You would most likely find me still in bed...I'm a little embarrassed to say that, but I like sleeping in. Can you blame me?

7. What station is your car radio usually set to?
NPR. Nerd alert.

8. After an hour at the pool are you tanned, burnt, or the same as before?
Burnt. To a crisp.

Tagging these lovely ladies...


Here are my questions for you...

1. What chore do you dislike the most?

2. What did you want to be when you grew up?

3. Would you rather get up early or sleep in?

4. What was the last book you finished reading?

5. If you could have dinner with a famous person, past or present, who would it be?

6. What is your favorite thing to do at night?

7. What is your dream vacation if money is no object?

8. Have you ever traveled outside the country in which you live?

Things here at Silver Bay continue to be beautiful. The quartet is working on new music this week - the Dohnanyi Piano Quintet and Britten's String Quartet no. 1. Yesterday, Chloe, her husband Ben, and I went to the Walmart in Ticonderoga to get her a bathing suit. (Yes, we're doing the team triathalon!) Apparently they don't stock bathing suits up here past July. After a long (long) time thinking about our predicament, the light bulb finally went off, and we realized the fact that I have a one-piece bathing suit. And Chloe and I are the same size. Duh.

Anyhow, we decided to check out downtown Ticonderoga but kept driving and ended up taking the ferry to Vermont. I have to say it is a strange sensation to be in your car floating across Lake Champlain. Vermont is indescribably gorgeous with towering mountains and huge farmland fields. I'm still kicking myself for not carrying my camera with me everywhere here, and alas, I have no photos. We spent the afternoon in Middlebury puttering around in used book stores. I inevitably found a place with craft supplies and bought some. The best part about the trip - a fabulous dinner. If you had eaten Silver Bay food for almost two weeks now, you would understand the sheer joy of eating in a restaurant.

Ok, super long post over.

:)
Em

2 comments:

Mandy England said...

Hehe, sorry for tagging you with so much stuff :p Love your answers though! How long are you at Silver Bay?

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Some great answers, great post! Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home