First of all, I have a new header. What do you think?
I'm still deciding...
Now on to Spread the Love!
Melissa, over at Oh, My Darling, has inspired many bloggers to share some love and kindness with other people in their lives through her Spread the Love week. It has been a reminder for me to take some time to reach out to others, do a little something for them, and hopefully make the world a bit brighter and happier place. I have come up with a list of ten things, most of which I can accomplish in the next week, to help Spread the Love.
(Tangent: I have discovered that spread is a strange word if you think about it for too long.)
1. Send cookies to a friend from Silver Bay. I had time to pop in World Market the other day to buy British cookies to send to a friend who shares my love of England.
2. Send necklaces to friends. I've been making some necklaces in cheery colors that I want to send to some friends as a fun surprise.
3. Send a note to the chaplain at Silver Bay. I just want to send Bruce a note telling him that I enjoyed my experience at Silver Bay, that I feel lucky to have met him, and what an inspiration he is.
4. Send a note to my ex-boyfriend. We haven't really talked since we broke up, but I still care about him as a friend and wish him all the best.
5. Send an email or text to the organist at my church just to let her know I'm thinking about her.
6. Get notes out to all my penpals. (I'm also participating in Melissa's Dear Darlings penpal project.)
7. Buy peanut M&Ms for a friend at school. She loves them.
8. Send a note to the Hendersonville Symphony Orchestra personel manager thanking her for being so welcoming and for the opportunity to play with the orchestra.
9. Make the freshmen at Converse feel welcome. I know when I was a freshman at Florida State, I was terrified of the grad students. Hopefully I'm not terrifying...
10. Cook for my mom and dad. I'm hoping to do this one when I get home from school tomorrow night.
Hopefully Spreading the Love won't last only one week!