Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Beautiful Hello

Since Daniel now has his Christmas package I can share pictures...

But first I want to share with you an Etsy shop I found called Beautiful Hello.


Aren't her cards gorgeous?!?


They all have fun song title names!

(Her name is Emily, too. And she lives in Greenville. How fun.)

She's new to Etsy, so please go check out her shop!

Since I didn't have time to order one to put in Daniel's package, I decided to make my own.
(Emily's are far more beautiful than mine, but I tried.)

So I pulled out my big girl watercolors (not the ones you use when you're little...the kind you squeeze out of a tube), and mixed up some pretty green colors so my tree would look like a Christmas tree. Instead of Emily's intricate, hand-stitched tree trunk (I don't know how to do that!), I drew in the tree's trunk with a metallic copper colored pencil.

So, here it is:

*crappy phone camera picture alert*

I think it turned out fairly well. And I think Daniel liked it. ;)

I'd also like to say that I'm pretty proud Daniel is learning how to do this:


This one is a mocha...my drink of choice. Mmmmm.

(Sorry, Daniel. I stole these again.)

Go on. Admit it. You're jealous.

:)
p.s. Don't forget to enter my giveaway!

4 comments:

ahoymichelle said...

That IS gorgeous! Thank you for sharing! :)

hiyaluv said...

beautiful. and that card is such fun-
:)gina

LittleGreenThread said...

Just checked out her shop, and I love it! Her cards are so unique and original. And I think yours turned out great :)

Lulu said...

Pretty cards! I love finding new etsy shops, thanks for sharing.

The coffee's look yummy too!