Saturday, March 12, 2011

Adventures in the South: Part Two

After our stop in Savannah, Daniel and I drove on to St. Augustine. We got there a little late in the afternoon after dropping off our luggage on Amelia Island, but we still got to see a few sites.

We stopped by The Old Senator, a 600-year-old tree near the Fountain of Youth.

(We missed out on the Fountain of Youth, and I think Daniel was secretly glad to not try the water. I was going to make him taste it. It is, in fact, disgusting.)


Daniel insists that he doesn't take good pictures, but I love this one of me beneath the tree.


I also love this one of Daniel. The weather was so gorgeous that afternoon!


Here's my ever-improving man pose with the old City Gates.


We also walked around the Castillo de San Marcos...


...and watched the sun begin to set.


We got our picture taken by the marina...


...saw the oldest wooden school house in the United States...


...and enjoyed walking around downtown to find a place for dinner.


I hope we can go back someday to do more exploring!

:)



3 comments:

Lisa {A Piece of Lisa} said...

What a beautiful place! Love the photos, especially the last one!

Mindy said...

Very nice pictures! Looks like some great exploring. =)

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

St. Augustine! Great place :) Looks like you had a blast and congrats on your marathon!