Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chicago, Chicago!

During my trip to Milwaukee, Daniel and I drove down to Chicago to spend a day exploring with my aunt and cousin.

We met them in Millennium Park and went ice skating!

(I am not the best ice skater by any means. Daniel had to drag me away from the wall. I consider it a successful outing if I don't do a face plant.)




Daniel's "Man Pose" on ice...


...and by The Bean.


We all tried the Man Pose...and I ended up giggling.



I think this picture from Giordano's needs little explanation other than yummy.


This picture from the Hershey's store needs no explanation at all.


We waited until after dark to visit the observatory of the John Hancock building, and the views were gorgeous!


I'm pretty sure I have a sixth sense when it comes to finding H&M stores, and I just have to go in when I find one because we don't have one in Greenville. So there it was - on the Magnificent Mile - calling my name. Cue my "I'm-really-sorry-you-have-to-go-shopping-but-we're-going-in face" to Daniel, and a happy hour was spent buying a cozy sweater and pretty dress while the boys tried on goofy hats.

And apparently Daniel has a modeling career in his future. Pretty good, no? ;)


We later went on a carriage ride!


Ahh, the perfect ending to a very lovely day!

:)

7 comments:

TLC said...

sounds like so much fun! I've never been to Chicago. Oh, and I have a major love affair with H&M this school year because there is one in a huge outdoor shopping plaza in the town where I work. SO dangerous...and delightful! :)

Clare B said...

Sounds like a great trip - who was the person always taking the photos? Seems like you had your own personal photographer on the trip.

Megan said...

Looks like a wonderful trip!!! I love the man poses!! TOO funny!! HAve a wonderful weekend friend!! xoxo

Wendy said...

I want to go to an H&M store so bad!! I've never been! There aren't any near me. :/

Watkins35 said...

sounds (and looks) wonderful & has taken me back to when we were there in November (thank you). Pleased you had such an amazing time with Daniel. x

Mindy said...

Ah!! Such fun! What a great time!

On a related note, we're making Chicago Style Deep Dish Stuffed pizza for supper tonight! Yum...

cb said...

yay the bean! you did almost everything i did when i went! i had to get pizza and went to h&m..hehe...that cookie looks amazing! glad you had so much fun!

xo,
cb