Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes

I want to thank you all for the birthday wishes! They really made my day!

There isn't much you can do on my birthday, but I did enjoy getting a new camera, playing in the candlelight Christmas Eve service, and eating the red velvet cupcakes my mom made for me.

See Exhibit A:


Mmmm, yes, please. I should definitely mention that she made these from scratch. Not out of a box. From scratch - icing and all.



Also over the holidays, I was nominated  for a couple of awards.

The first is a Stylish Blogger Award from both Mindy of In the Loop and Nichelle of Vintage Wanna Bee. Thanks ladies!


I'm supposed to tell you seven things about myself. Ok, here goes.

1. I really, really like chocolate milk. I, however, did not like it until recently, which is strange, considering my chocoholic tendencies. I drink it almost every night before bed, and I specifically like Publix's chocolate milk. I'm not sure if I could live in a place without a Publix. I wonder if they would ship it to me?

2. I'm a violinist, and I will be graduating on May 14th with my Masters in Violin Performance. (It's already written in my planner. I'm ready.)

3. I want to be a strings teacher, and I am hoping and praying to find a job for next year.

4. My mom and I were talking the other night, and she told me that when I was in kindergarten I said, "The only boy I like to play with is my Daddy." Sorry Daniel.

5. I'm pretty sure my first celebrity crush was Jonathan Taylor Thomas. Ha, 90s anyone?

6. One of my favorite children's books is Goodnight Moon. I was always concerned that the mouse was too close to the fire and was going to get burnt.

7. I don't have a southern accent despite living in the south for my entire life. The rest of my family does. Weird, I know.

I'm supposed to pass along the award to more lovely bloggers, so here they are:


The second is a Trendy Blog Award from Lulu in Los Angeles. I'm so honored!




TrendyBlogAward
 
I also get to pass this award along:
 
{meg's musings}
Sandy a la Mode
Nice Girl Notes
Nella Designs
Hiya Luv
 
Go check out these lovely ladies' blogs!

4 comments:

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Well Happy belated birthday! I would love to try a red velvet cake, they arent really very popular in the UK so I may have to try baking one myself!

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

Oh, My Darling said...

Ooh, what delicious birthday treats!!!

Mandy England said...

From scratch... your mom sounds like a whiz! Haha, and seriously, why don't you have an accent, girlie?

Daniel said...

I love the little mentions of me in the blogs. Makes me feel important and yet still mysterious. *crazy face*