Monday, January 10, 2011

Baby, It's (Super) Cold Outside

Well, they weren't lying about the snow this time...I woke up to about seven inches and still heavily falling snow. The final tally - almost nine inches!

Greenville hasn't seen this much snow since 1988, when I was about three. There's a hilarious picture of me standing in a hole in the snow looking like the Michelin Man. Seriously, my arms are sticking out in A Christmas Story style. I couldn't find it to share with you all...

(So sorry.)

But here are some pictures from the day!

(These were all taken with my new Canon Powershot! Yay!)


This little plastic bunny was one of my favorite toys when I was little, and I just can't get rid of him. I found it slightly funny to only see his one eye and ears sticking out of the snow.


This little fellow fell into one of my footprints. I did not laugh. (Ok, fine. I giggled.) But he was ok.



I love our neighbor's trees all covered in snow!


This bench always looks like a waffle when it snows.



Here's me sporting my peach Mandipidy hat! I only lasted about fifteen minutes outside, though, before deciding that the 14 degree windchill was a bit much...

8 comments:

Clare B said...

Seems like the US has had a lot of snow in the last few days - snow picturese everywhere! Mandipity hat looks very cozy

Teaching with Grace said...

We had a ton of snow this week too! We've been enjoying all of it by showing our little ones how to sled, make snowballs, and make snowmen! Hope you venture out so more today!

p.s. I love your hat!

Mandy England said...

So beautiful! But brrr... I'm kinda getting over the cold weather already, haha! Currently it's 2* here and it feels like -13*... bleh.

Sandy a la Mode said...

wow! that's a lot of snow!! and i do love your hat!!!

cb said...

aw it looks so beautiful! it has been more cold then usual here but no snow!

xo,
cb

Watkins35 said...

It sounds lovely. LOVE the photos, esp the one of the bird and your cute snow outfit! We hardly ever have snow & I love it soooo much 'sigh' - enjoy it xx

Angela said...

winter wonderland.

Oh, My Darling said...

It's bizarre how much snow the south has been getting!