Thursday, January 13, 2011

MKE. Brew City. The Wauk.

Yep, I'm heading to Milwaukee today!


Although when I get there it will probably look more like this...a little frozen over.


I've had my fair share of cold and snow this week, and I'm hoping that I can get out of the South without too many problems!

I'm going up until Monday to visit Daniel, and I am so excited!!! We haven't seen each other in over a month now!


We have plans to see Lake Michigan, drink coffee, travel to Chicago, visit the Milwaukee Art Museum, go on a brewery tour, and go ice skating.

But tonight when I get there, we're going to see Itzhak Perlman, one of my favorite violinists, play with the Milwaukee Symphony!


What to wear to said concert in frigid temperatures and still manage to look cute is a bit of a head scratcher, but I'll figure it out. I'll be sure to post pictures when I get back!

Have a great day everyone!

:)

6 comments:

Mindy said...

As a Wisconsinite, I'll share a couple tidbits.

No one looks cool when they are cold. No one will think, "Aw what a cute little skirt and shirt! Those sandals are so great with that outfit!" They'll think, "That girl doesn't know how to dress for the weather!" ;-) ha ha!

So, I'd say, go for a cute scarf and hat if you'd like (then they can be called accessories!), and make sure you have some warm gloves or mittens.

If you want to make sure you're terribly cute, make them coordinate! That's impressive. ;-)

We like to be practical in the cold, but you're right, you can still look cute!

I hope that didn't sound preachy--it's all in good fun. Enjoy Milwaukee!!! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Mandy England said...

Have fun girlie! What's Pearlman playing?

cb said...

oh have a great time! mindy has some great tips!

xo,
cb

Gina Thomas said...

have fun luv:) can't wait to hear all about it and see pics when you get back! :0gina

Watkins35 said...

sounds fabulous Em, enjoy yourself! x

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

Stopping by to say hello, Em! :)