Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chocolate Milk. Oh, and Milwaukee.

I'm back from my trip to Milwaukee!
(And a trip this weekend to Augusta to play with the symphony.)

Daniel and I had a great weekend together exploring Milwaukee!

He picked me up from the airport, and during the car ride to his house he told me that there was a present waiting for me in the refrigerator. (Wait, what?)


Yes! Chocolate milk! He apparently read this post, and there was chocolate milk waiting for me.

He's a keeper, right?

That night we went downtown to dinner and the symphony, where we saw one of my favorite violinists, Itzhak Perlman, play! It was a beautiful concert!



Here we are all dressed up - and freezing - waiting for the bus.

On Friday, we drove down to Chicago! Lots of pictures to come!


The next day, we went on a tour of Lakefront Brewery. It was a fun time...


...and we met up with a friend of mine from Florida State who is now living in Milwaukee.

By the end of the tour, I was pretty giggly, and Daniel and I tried to take some photos. He and his family often make "The Face" in pictures, and I tried...and failed. It's hilarious!


On Sunday, we made some yummy breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes and some real bacon...


...and drove around Milwaukee for a bit looking at some huge houses, including one by Frank Lloyd Wright. (At one point, I wanted to be an architect, and I love Wright's architecture!)

We stopped for some coffee at Alterra, the coffee shop where Daniel works, and I ended up buying a cute mug and a t-shirt. (I have a thing for coffee mugs. And teacups. And t-shirts.) I also had my first taste of chai - so yummy!

There happened to be a yarn shop across the street...more on that later. Let's just say that if there had been more time to shop and more room in my suitcase, my bank account may have been depleted...

So, on Monday, it was time to say goodbye, but we got to hang out again this weekend in Augusta!

:)

7 comments:

Wendy said...

1. SO glad you commented on my blog today because I was totally going to come read your updates yesterday, but I was on my other computer, and your blog somehow isn't bookmarked on that one! :) :)

2. Looks like you had a lot of fun!!! Yay for chocolate milk!! hehe! :) I'll have to admit I have a thing for coffee mugs and tshirts....and I have a few tshirts from coffee shops for that very reason haha!

3. Chai is amazing! I definitely prefer it hot rather than cold though! :)

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

You two are so cute! Looks like you had a fabulous time!

Mindy said...

Yay! I was wondering if we'd get a report. ;-)

Glad you had a good time!

We're BIG fans of Alterra coffee at our house.

Can't wait to hear about the yarn shop...

Gina Thomas said...

yay! i have been waiting for this post:) the boy is cute and you and him are even cuter together. so happy to see you both having a lovely time! Looking forward to hearing about the yarn shop & about your upcoming weekend! :)gina
www.hiyaluv.com

Clare B said...

glad you had a great time and he seems like a really sweet guy, even remembering your chocolate milk!

Daniel said...

I had a great time spending the week with you. :)

Watkins35 said...

yum, chocolate milk (definitely a keeper) & you two make such a cute couple, what a fun time x